This article aims to look at the history of local TV in the UK to date and look at its prospects for the future. Around 20 stations are set to go live as part of a first round of local TV launches, here are the ones that have launched to date: As of September 2014: […]
There are many online booking (AKA calender scheduling) services available online. University and college lecturers often use such services when they have to book one-to-one or group tutorials with students. In the past I have used ScheduleOnce for my dissertation and major project students, preferring this over our rather clunky appointment booking system in our […]
I took a long trawl through the list of journalism undergraduate degrees listed in the Guardian University league tables for journalism looking for a public-facing journalism course news site – the kind of thing that the BJTC seeks to encourage.
Assessment plays more than a small part in motivation for some students. However, it is important to consider how many newsdays you assess (if any).
A study by John Mathews and Kate Heathman of Liverpool John Moores University involved a survey of students working on a journalism news website at LJMU. It described a mostly positive experience and provides many useful tips for those looking to run similar newsgathering operations.
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/zTSNcQGmbV). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- Corbyn Is 'Completely Bonkers,' Says Wikipedia Founder Jimmy Wales http://t.co/E3E3N4aKqI << #JezWeCan #ToriesForCorbyn need to get a grip 10 hours ago
- RT @stephenkb: Good and thoughtful piece on the age of Corbyn by @AndyMcSmith: http://t.co/p9ZJRiCHdU 2 days ago retweeted via stephenkb
- @PL2Abe Good choice. You are the sane one in all the craziness. 2 days ago
- “@owenjbennett: @Sarah_SkyNews @NicKeaney why stop at trains? Why not separate men and women everywhere?” #JezWeCan !!! 2 days ago
- “@dungra: @wilde sick of Corbyn supporters...about to guarantee the Tories a free run at destroying welfare state” <<they don't care. 2 days ago