How to Launch a Magazine in this Digital Age By Mary Hogarth. Edited by John Jenkins. Bloomsbury, 2014 Disclaimer: I am a contributor to this book. Falling share prices, magazines folding and journalist redundancies – these are the symptoms of an industry attempting to grapple with the decline of print media and the rise of […]
While blogs and citizen media may only rarely break controversial stories in the UK, in countries like Singapore and China, where mainstream media is controlled by government, they often have a much greater impact. This special edition of Witness broadcast on Al Jazeera English highlights the importance of blogging to the public sphere in Russia. […]
Abby Martin takes a look the state of media today, highlighting instances of journalists who have gone against the editorial lines of their respective networks. Abby also speaks with investigative journalist and former CNN reporter Amber Lyon, about her experience with media censorship and the topic of journalist integrity in time when disinformation is abound.
In the video the Daily Politics discusses Local TV. It sounds like an odd place for a revolution in TV to start, but Grimsby in the north east of England is where it is all kicking off. This is the home of Estuary TV one of 19 local TV stations to launch in the UK. […]
These tips are based on my experience of supervising undergrad students last year. It’s not meant to be a supplement for reading a decent book on writing dissertations or, indeed, information from a tutor. 1) Get the info you need: What’s the word count? What are the key deadlines? Stick this by your bed, by […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/3GZgyLO4Hp). Lecturer at Southampton Solent University. Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- Book review: How To Launch A Magazine In This Digital Age July 25, 2014
- Blogging in Russia – a video on Al Jazeera English March 22, 2014
- Punishing Reporters for Truth in a Censored Media – Abby Martin & Amber Lyon March 14, 2014
- A local TV revolution begins in Grimsby February 26, 2014
- Writing a dissertation – tips for undergrad journalism students August 28, 2013
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- daniel: A cool post please keep it up...
- admin: Hi Tim, Thanks for your comment. This post was w...
- @hinapublish @Journograds Good question! 2 hours ago
- RT @Journograds: Want to be a sub-editor? There's a great trainee scheme on offer with The Times: http://t.co/KfGZ7IGiXe 2 hours ago retweeted via Journograds
- RT @kel4ts: Journalists wanted for #BBC Breakfast http://t.co/bhfM2n7rJN #MediaCityUK #Salford (via @SarahTVNews) 3 hours ago
- Worst Kickstarter ever? "Budding journo seeks funding to review UK spa days <<nice try! (via @lukelewis @adders) https://t.co/snxo4Yi93d 3 hours ago
- The summer research To Do list by @lilycanter << Forget relaxing, this is what you really should be doing... https://t.co/vLCBPiBlXt 3 hours ago