I’ve not posted for ages. I’ve been thinking about:
- Moodle: The uni moved to using Moodle. The verdict: It’s brilliant and very intuitive. Plus it’s open source and we like that.
- Bids and Funding: Really need to get a news site set up using Joomla! The uni CMS (Contensis) looks great, but we will need more flexibility.
- Teaching Convergence: This is getting messy. It’s tough planning a journalism course that will survive the next five years without looking increasingly out of date.
- Getting a duplicate key cut for a Honda Civic: How difficult can it be? Well, the answer is – ‘very difficult’. Particularly when you have lost the ‘red key’ which controls the immobilizer.
- Neil Henry: American Carnival: Journalism Under Siege in an Age of New Media Must complete it. Worth reading just for its fantastic title.
- Fiona Phillips; Getting an honorary degree from Solent Uni. She said that she felt "like a fraud". Hmm. Greg Dyke was a worthier candidate.