This article aims to look at the history of local TV in the UK to date and look at its prospects for the future. Around 20 stations are set to go live as part of a first round of local TV launches, here are the ones that have launched to date: As of September 2014: […]
Archive | BBC RSS feed for this section
It's Saturday and The Guardian is running yet another story about BBC funding. So what's new? Well, stories with an anti-BBC slant normally appear on a Monday and are confined to the Media section rather than splashed on the front page, so I'm already confused. This time the Tories are saying that the BBC's growth […]
In an interview with Media Guardian, Time Out publisher Tony Elliott criticises the role of BBC Worldwide. (Tony Elliott: Calling time out on the BBC).Yes, it's back to that decades old "BBC stifles commercial innovation" argument. Random quote: …..he now finds himself at war with a corporation he believes has stepped well beyond its boundaries […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/zTSNcQGmbV). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- 5 livestreaming apps for journalists and newsrooms https://t.co/8HkzH874L1 via @journalismnews 4 days ago
- RT @lmingon: There are only 2 types of pol campaigns: - Challenger: "Time for a change" - Incumbent:"Things are OK. Don't let others wreck … 4 days ago retweeted via lmingon
- RT @ajreid: "Personalisation is interesting but can be dangerous" says @JosephStash, as it can mean losing serendipity of discovery #Polis2… 4 days ago retweeted via ajreid
- RT @MrsBunz: "We don't do opinion, opinion doesn't drive traffic for us," says @jimwaterson BuzzFeed vs. BBC #Polis2015 4 days ago retweeted via MrsBunz
- RT @gentletourist: Ill-directed but nevertheless relevant question about overly-white makeup of #Polis2015 panels. Does this still reflect … 4 days ago retweeted via gentletourist