This article aims to look at the history of local TV in the UK to date and look at its prospects for the future. Around 20 stations are set to go live as part of a first round of local TV launches, here are the ones that have launched to date: As of September 2014: […]
Archive | BBC RSS feed for this section
It's Saturday and The Guardian is running yet another story about BBC funding. So what's new? Well, stories with an anti-BBC slant normally appear on a Monday and are confined to the Media section rather than splashed on the front page, so I'm already confused. This time the Tories are saying that the BBC's growth […]
In an interview with Media Guardian, Time Out publisher Tony Elliott criticises the role of BBC Worldwide. (Tony Elliott: Calling time out on the BBC).Yes, it's back to that decades old "BBC stifles commercial innovation" argument. Random quote: …..he now finds himself at war with a corporation he believes has stepped well beyond its boundaries […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/zTSNcQGmbV). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- Radio 1 plays 3,868 different tracks every month. Competitor Capital Radio plays 398. 10 hours ago
- We need to celebrate the Beeb, instead it faces death by a thousand cuts>> BBC argues case for popular shows - http://t.co/fBLMGAgovB 16 hours ago
- RT @simonpipe: @BBCArchive @TheAJEUK Didn't Michael Gove also play the hapless accountant in Ghostbusters? 2 days ago retweeted via simonpipe
- RT @BBCArchive: Michael Gove used to be a BBC reporter you know. Here he is at a gay rights march in 1993 for On The Record https://t.co/Rr… 2 days ago retweeted via BBCArchive
- RT @Jem_Collins: ARE YOU IN STUDENT MEDIA? FILL THIS OUT PLEASE. https://t.co/EEUeLKKR1s 4 days ago retweeted via Jem_Collins