This semester has been absurdly and stupidly busy. And I've not even looked at the marking yet. Thankfully, the new and converged journalism degree seems to have gone down very well with the students. . Just one problem: A new degree structure x new units x increased teaching hours = zero time […]
Archive | Convergence RSS feed for this section
An essential post – Should journalism degrees still prepare students for a news industry that doesn’t want them?
It’s a lovely sunny day and I’m feeling happy, but I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself to feel miserable before reading Paul’s post [Should journalism degrees still prepare students for a news industry that doesn’t want them? | Online Journalism Blog] . Paul’s question is highly controversial and, of course, the responses […]
Our new BA (Hons) Journalism degree structure has got the official stamp(s) of approval and is set to launch in October . We spent a lot of time trying to understand the changes which have occurred in the industry and what it means to our students. The new degree has convergence journalism at its heart […]
The Guardian, the producers of Media Talk and the Sony Award nominated Islamophonic, has revealed some impressive download stats for its range of podcasts. Some stats: 1.5m – downloads for its 12 Guardian pods in December. 80-100,000 downloads of it’s Football Weekly pod a week [Proving that football and cricket analysis has a massive, global, […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 24 hours ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth