The idea…a brief summary I’ve just completed the PGCLT HE course. It took ages, but I got there in the end. A key part of the course develops skills in ‘reflective practice’. A short definition can be found on Wikipedia or a detailed version can be found at infed. The general idea is that reflection […]
Archive | E-Learning RSS feed for this section
Solent Uni is switching to the Moodle VLE. It’s hoped that the system will be ready for the students by September 2007. I’m looking forward to developing some good interactive learning material over the summer. I’m also looking forward to playing around with the blog and wiki stuff. All journalism students need to blog and […]
This looks interesting. Mark Briggs is writing a book "Journalism 2.0: How to Survive and Thrive in the Digital Age" and is posting the drafts online for comment.
It seems that Bournemouth Uni is adopting Blackboard as its VLE. It is probably about time that we did the same and ditched the dodo (i.e. Learnwise). I’ve not tried Moodle – but it’s Open Source and we like the sound of that! Feel free to donate at the site or you can help the […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 24 hours ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth