I’ve co-authored the Top 50 Blog Techniques feature which appears in Issue 171 of Web Designer magazine (available now in all good newsagents in the UK and in other countries). It contains 50 (count ‘em!) tried and tested tips to help you use: WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal and Squarespace. Joomla! isn’t the most intuitive CMS, so […]
Archive | How To RSS feed for this section
The analysis of websites from a cultural and media studies perspective raises numerous methodological hurdles. When conducting audience research using a particular genre of newspaper or magazine there is a centrality to the text(s) being considered. In contrast, researchers of the Internet can often feel overwhelmed by the vastness and global nature of web communication, […]
This post is a little 'off-topic', so I'll keep it brief. I travel a lot by South West Trains [SWT}. Peak train fares in Britain are the highest in Europe (source: Campaign For Better Transport) and it pains me to think that I spend just over £4k a year of my hard-earned cash getting around […]
Those looking for a decent content management system (CMS) for a website [quick tip: look at open source before opening your wallet] should check out the current issue of .Net* Magazine [Issue 177 / July]. *Note: The magazine is known as Practical Web Design outside the UK. It has some good general advice, roughly translated […]
There was an ugly scrap this week on the Sky News blog – Boulton and Co. It involved a silly little competition to name the plane that Gordon Brown flew to the States in. See Plane Stupid – Adam Boulton Blog In the post, the Sky News blogger described Brown’s plane as a ‘pimpmobile’ – […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/zTSNcQGmbV). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @bottrill: I'm a North London geek too Paxman stop slandering my people 8 hours ago retweeted via bottrill
- RT @AnslowJA: Well I think Ed is working this well..fighting for ordinary people..got his msg over..big clap #BattleForNumber10 8 hours ago retweeted via AnslowJA
- RT @rcolvile: Miliband coming off better than Cam according to Twitter sentiment analysis. Started nervous but easing in now. http://t.co/T… 9 hours ago retweeted via rcolvile
- RT @BevaniteEllie: Did Kay Burley intervene as much as this before? Slightly odd. 9 hours ago retweeted via BevaniteEllie
- RT @amolrajan: No question Miliband has prepared well - and his answer on brother David refreshingly honest. Impressive so far. #BattleForN… 9 hours ago retweeted via amolrajan