How to Launch a Magazine in this Digital Age By Mary Hogarth. Edited by John Jenkins. Bloomsbury, 2014 Disclaimer: I am a contributor to this book. Falling share prices, magazines folding and journalist redundancies – these are the symptoms of an industry attempting to grapple with the decline of print media and the rise of […]
Archive | Magazines RSS feed for this section
Enders is responsible for some of the most incisive media trend analysis around today, even if it makes somewhat depressing reading for those of us who still love our glossy mags in paper format. It states in a briefing today: Magazine consumption and advertising will be more affected by the explosion in mobile device ownership […]
Mac User UK (13th March issue) did a comparison review of Quark 8 versus InDesign CS4. It concludes: "The question of which to buy is a tricky one. Certainly, XPress 8 will give the Adobe team something to worry about for their next release – but it's about time they had some real competition….There are […]
Would you want to work in magazines right now? In a matter of months a new batch of journalism undergraduate students will descend on the job market. Many will no doubt be looking for careers within the magazine sector, as they scan the pages of Media Guardian. But the industry has changing and, as we […]
It seems that Emap’s restructuring is far wider and deeper than was first thought. In typical Emap-style, the project has an internal "codename": Magazines 2010. It all sounds quite exciting, but business at Emap hasn’t all been about award ceremonies and away-days. Not recently. Whilst the company’s business titles have remained strong, the sexy […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 24 hours ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth