Mac User UK (13th March issue) did a comparison review of Quark 8 versus InDesign CS4. It concludes: "The question of which to buy is a tricky one. Certainly, XPress 8 will give the Adobe team something to worry about for their next release – but it's about time they had some real competition….There are […]
Archive | Quark RSS feed for this section
“Quark Strikes Back” reads the dramatic headline on the cover of MacUser magazine (6 June 2008) It says: “We didn’t expect to feel like this, XPress 8 seems like a product that will get people excited about DTP once more.” A few years ago the canteen at Quark HQ in Denver had one dish on […]
QuarkXPress 5.01 is on the free DVD that comes with the current issue of Computer Shopper, available in most newsagents in the UK in December for around £4.99. It has on the cover: "Perfect PCs". You normally have to get a registration code by visiting the website mentioned in the mag. and you often need […]
It’s time to update the post: InDesign or Quark – which has largest market share in UK newspaper / magazine publishing? What’s the most widely used DTP software in UK magazine publishing? As part of an analysis of modern magazine production methods, I asked a group of 20 students to each interview a magazine editor […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 24 hours ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth