The Independent asks whether Google News is killing-off newspaper journalism. (http://ping.fm/9pZzp), as Rupert Murdoch has been arguing. Murdoch sees three evils preventing him from dominating the entire world (!) – 1) The BBC (see previous posts) 2) Freebie 'newspapers' and lastly, Google News. The Independent also has concerns about Google – it states in the […]
Archive | Trend spotting RSS feed for this section
Link: Younger, Heavy Online News Consumers are Not Newspaper Readers, According to comScore Plan Metrix. OK, so the fact that young people DON’T read newspapers these days sounds like research from the School of the Blinkin’ Obvious (SB0) at the Faculty of Not Rocket Science (FNRS), but read on…. The research from ComScore shows that […]
Would you want to work in magazines right now? In a matter of months a new batch of journalism undergraduate students will descend on the job market. Many will no doubt be looking for careers within the magazine sector, as they scan the pages of Media Guardian. But the industry has changing and, as we […]
Most websites of newspapers and magazines don’t make serious money. The Guardian website, until very recently, was run at a (great big) loss. There are two main methods to monetise content and you should look at these: A) Charging for advertising – Revenue from online advertising is increasing, although it’s still very small beer compared […]
At the end of a hard day at the office, we all like to veg in front of the box. Of course ITV hopes we’ll all be slumped on the sofa watching channel 3 and not tuned into YouTube. It seems like the days when Michael Barrymore was Mr. Saturday Night and every kid […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick I save it for Quora and /or students! 1 week ago
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick Free broadband care of Gavin! It's not like anything really came of him..hang on..@pennywilby 1 week ago
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick BT tower was cool as they still don't allow members of the public up to restaurant.. 1 week ago
- @richarddinnick @MedtechTinaTan It wasn't bad.. 1 week ago
- Love these shots. @MedtechTinaTan can't quite believe the blagging that went on at IM. Neither can I, with hindsigh… https://t.co/rFJPYWukdo 1 week ago