Freire (1993) examined how elites oppress disadvantaged groups through educational texts. This post will question how commercial interests exploit the creative talents of thousands of unpaid contributors on news sites and social media. It is clear (Hermida et al, 2008) that news websites based on participation generate more usage than those that do not include […]
Archive | UGC RSS feed for this section
In an analysis of how UK websites are embedding participation and collaboration, I found the following academic texts useful. If you are one of my students, you may well have the pleasure of reading some of these articles. Most of the journal articles can be found on Google Scholar or the usual databases. The ones […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick I save it for Quora and /or students! 2 weeks ago
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick Free broadband care of Gavin! It's not like anything really came of him..hang on..@pennywilby 2 weeks ago
- @jasminetea @MedtechTinaTan @richarddinnick BT tower was cool as they still don't allow members of the public up to restaurant.. 2 weeks ago
- @richarddinnick @MedtechTinaTan It wasn't bad.. 2 weeks ago
- Love these shots. @MedtechTinaTan can't quite believe the blagging that went on at IM. Neither can I, with hindsigh… https://t.co/rFJPYWukdo 2 weeks ago