1) Ebay.co.uk for Dummies (Wiley, 2015)
Steve Hill, Marsha Collier and Jane Hoskyn
The best selling guide to the online auction site.
Go from eBay beginner to eBay pro in no time!
Whether you aim to browse, buy, sell, or open up your own eBay shop, this third edition of Britain′s bestselling guide to eBay gets you up and running with everything you need to know. Fully updated and packed with new information on eBay apps, creating and running an eBay business, becoming a PowerSeller and much more, it covers every aspect of eBay.co.uk, from security issues and avoiding scams to making serious cash in your spare time or as a full–time eBay merchant.
- Get acquainted from registering and setting up a homepage to organising eBay sales and communicating using the ′My eBay′ page, you′ll quickly feel right at home on eBay
- Bid and buy with confidence discover how to search for and evaluate items, make bids and win auctions, or use the ′Buy It Now′ option
- Sell like a pro get the lowdown on how to choose and post items for sale, set prices and conduct auctions for maximum profits, as well as how to ship stuff and collect payments
- Keep the taxman happy how to keep track of your earnings and comply with all the relevant tax rules and regulations, including the VAT
- Give your auctions pizzazz get expert tips on how to spice up your auctions with pictures and graphics as well as links to other websites
- Stay safe and secure learn everything you need to know about avoiding fraudsters, scammers and hackers and safeguarding your privacy and your identity
Open the book and find:
- How to register and buy and sell on eBay
- Advice on bidding and winning eBay auctions
- Expert tips on choosing items to sell and picking the ideal auction time
- How to set up sale listings and monitor your transactions
- Tips for marketing your stuff on eBay
- The lowdown on avoiding cons and protecting your privacy
- Guidance on setting up an eBay business account
- How to open your own eBay shop
- Make serious money selling your wares
- Bid, win and buy the easy way
- Build and expand your eBay business
- Stay safe on eBay.co.uk
2) eBay.co.uk Business All-in-One For Dummies – UK Edition. (Wiley, 2013)
Steve Hill, Kim Gilmour, and Marsha Collier
The complete insider′s guide to building a business and making money on eBay.co.uk
Whether you want to boost your income with a spot of home–based selling or expand an existing business online, this definitive guide covers all the essentials to get you started. From setting up your shop and delivering to your customers, to trading securely, managing finances and handling the legal stuff; inside you′ll find expert advice from a team of professional eBay retailers to help ensure your eBay venture is open for business and making money in no time.
Build your business with essential eBay tools – master basic tools to trade efficiently, communicate clearly with your customers and cut your work time to a fraction of other sellers′
Choose the right things to sell – get expert advice from professional eBay retailers on finding the right items to please your customers and make regular sales Brush up on the presentation – perfect your photography skills and master HTML to make your goods stand out from the crowd
Promote your eBay enterprise – find out how to sue the latest marketing tools to let the world know about your business and increase your monthly profits without increasing your workload
Take your sales to the next level – become a PowerSeller, find out how to draw information from your sales statistics and squeeze extra profit from your items Stay on top of the paperwork and trade legitimately – handle the legalities of running an eBay business, balance the books with basic bookkeeping and stay on the right side of the law Open the book and find: 9 books in 1 combining essential information in one bumper reference Up–to–date eBay.co.uk site specific information
Expert advice from professional eBay businesses Guidance on secure online trading Tips for cost–effective storage and shipping Clear advice on small business legislation and data protection The latest tools to boost your profits Top selling strategies