It was a great day: sun, nice food and interesting debate. Shame Bournemouth Uni campus is not actually by the sea……. The conference focussed on the impact of blogs, citizen journalism, podcasts etc on traditional media (also known as ‘big media’). There were even a few bloggers blogging away during the conference. I have posted […]
Amnesty International and The Observer launched a campaign on 28th May to defeat state censorship of the Internet. Read The Observer article Join the campaign. Put banned content on your website or blog. And email bosses at Yahoo! and Google who shamefully take part in censorship of the Internet. Reporters Without Borders has called China […]
Nigel Baker, executive editor AP TV news, will present the results of a survey at the Newswatch 06 conference at Bournemouth Uni on 8th June.. Baker picked the brains of media students at the Uni to discover what is being "watched and read by 18 to 25 year olds". I should be going. It should […]
We Media paper by Shayne Nowman and Chris Willis Download PDF report here…
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 24 hours ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth