The Independent asks whether Google News is killing-off newspaper journalism. (http://ping.fm/9pZzp), as Rupert Murdoch has been arguing. Murdoch sees three evils preventing him from dominating the entire world (!) – 1) The BBC (see previous posts) 2) Freebie 'newspapers' and lastly, Google News. The Independent also has concerns about Google – it states in the […]
Tag Archives | Rupert Murdoch
Paul Hayes, MD Times Newspapers, told Internet World (annual IT trade show held at Earls Court, occasionally Olympia) said that "relatively few [Blogs] will be read beyond the narrowest of audiences. Most will disappear unnoticed and, frankly, unmissed by the world". This is the kind of self-satisfied comment you can expect from those that work […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @AdamTyndall: Standing ovation at #PAC17 for the Labour moderate who, having just spent 6 weeks on the doorstep, called out @paulmasonne… 22 hours ago retweeted via AdamTyndall
- Yes, ta for that. When a big car manufacturer decides to go, people will get the message. https://t.co/xBr1vMmmy4 23 hours ago
- RT @LML96_: "The best anti-austerity policy around is to stay in the single market. The govt have no mandate for their Brexit vision." #pac… 1 day ago retweeted via LML96_
- @grahamhiley @BatTheMusical I've heard it is completely bonkers - not sure that's good or bad!!! 2 days ago
- RT @MaryEHogarth: @pow365 Yes, ouch indeed. Can’t say I’m surprised - it’s a case of market saturation where only the best will survive. 2 days ago retweeted via MaryEHogarth