I teach journalism students to use both Joomla! and WordPress. I spend more time on WordPress as my general feeling is that WordPress has improved over the years while Joomla! has stagnated somewhat. Two years ago Web Designer magazine commissioned me to write a feature about Joomla!. It was part of a series of articles [...]
Tag Archives | Wordpress
I’ve co-authored the Top 50 Blog Techniques feature which appears in Issue 171 of Web Designer magazine (available now in all good newsagents in the UK and in other countries). It contains 50 (count ‘em!) tried and tested tips to help you use: WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal and Squarespace. Joomla! isn’t the most intuitive CMS, so [...]
It’s been a long time overdue, but this blog has finally moved to WordPress. As WordPress gets better and better, Typepad (or to be precise, Movable Type) has not really moved with the times. I’ll be going through this blog attempting to remove all the duff links, but this may take a while.
Here are a few reflective thoughts about assessing student blog posts. Students were asked to contribute to a class blog as part of the online journalism unit that I teach. Eleven theoretical questions were posted on the blog and students were asked to choose five questions and post opinion articles (no more than 800 words [...]
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- How to appeal against a penalty fare notice from South West Trains September 20, 2009
- Small-town views January 13, 2014
- Writing a dissertation – tips for undergrad journalism students August 28, 2013
- UK Twitter Rape Threats Lead to Arrests by David Pakman Show August 11, 2013
- Hedges: Journalism Should Be About Truth, Not Career – Pt 2 of 7 by TheRealNews August 10, 2013
- Google Chromecast lacking apps August 7, 2013
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- daniel: A cool post please keep it up...
- admin: Hi Tim, Thanks for your comment. This post was w...
- If You Start Reading This Story on a Phone, You'll Probably Finish on a Laptop http://t.co/RTK0kzBFAW via @feedly 16 hours ago
- The Guardian: "Nearly half of academics show symptoms of psychological distress" http://t.co/Sm9EySmgkU 19 hours ago
- @RT_Com provides balance to Western corporate media bias. But making bad calls on Ukraine >> Presenter Quits On Air http://t.co/h6zkgUJrDs 22 hours ago
- RT @jonhew: The economics of @MailOnline: something doesn't add up despite the £41m revenue, suggests @popbitch http://t.co/NpeXVqm4IA 2 days ago retweeted via jonhew
- RT @plashmar: Centre for Investigative Journalism Web Docs course http://t.co/LcWuUxSBOA 2 days ago retweeted via plashmar