I took a long trawl through the list of journalism undergraduate degrees listed in the Guardian University league tables for journalism looking for a public-facing journalism course news site – the kind of thing that the BJTC seeks to encourage.
Tag Archives | Wordpress
Assessment plays more than a small part in motivation for some students. However, it is important to consider how many newsdays you assess (if any).
A study by John Mathews and Kate Heathman of Liverpool John Moores University involved a survey of students working on a journalism news website at LJMU. It described a mostly positive experience and provides many useful tips for those looking to run similar newsgathering operations.
A possible negative of newsdays is the tendency to focus on ‘now’ skills, rather than looking to the future.
Most university journalism degrees include newsdays or news production workshops where students work individually and in teams to produce a media output of a professional standard. This series of posts aims to discuss the value of newsdays based on my experience running a unit that offers a similar workplace simulation. Part 1: Introduction, learning by […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (https://t.co/3GZgyLNwRR). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @daily_politics: "For heaven's sake man - go!" - David Cameron to Jeremy Corbyn at #PMQs https://t.co/5JaGE7DaOc 6 hours ago retweeted via daily_politics
- RT @kwr66: The Express, working to an agenda. Staggering when laid out like that. https://t.co/S48YgEK3KS 6 hours ago retweeted via kwr66
- Cameron "it may be in my party's interest for you to stay, but it's not in the national interest. Go!" #SavingLabour @Martin_Buckley 6 hours ago
- RT @susanelanjones: @jeremycorbyn Come door-knocking with me in N Wales for a few hours if you still don't understand why you must go. http… 17 hours ago retweeted via susanelanjones
- RT @LewisParkerUK: Looks like more people took to the streets for the EU tonight than the Corbyn rally yesterday. I wonder why... https://t… 17 hours ago retweeted via LewisParkerUK