I teach journalism students to use both Joomla! and WordPress. I spend more time on WordPress as my general feeling is that WordPress has improved over the years while Joomla! has stagnated somewhat. Two years ago Web Designer magazine commissioned me to write a feature about Joomla!. It was part of a series of articles […]
Tag Archives | Wordpress
I’ve co-authored the Top 50 Blog Techniques feature which appears in Issue 171 of Web Designer magazine (available now in all good newsagents in the UK and in other countries). It contains 50 (count ‘em!) tried and tested tips to help you use: WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal and Squarespace. Joomla! isn’t the most intuitive CMS, so […]
It’s been a long time overdue, but this blog has finally moved to WordPress. As WordPress gets better and better, Typepad (or to be precise, Movable Type) has not really moved with the times. I’ll be going through this blog attempting to remove all the duff links, but this may take a while.
Here are a few reflective thoughts about assessing student blog posts. Students were asked to contribute to a class blog as part of the online journalism unit that I teach. Eleven theoretical questions were posted on the blog and students were asked to choose five questions and post opinion articles (no more than 800 words […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/3GZgyLO4Hp). Lecturer at Southampton Solent University. Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- Book review: How To Launch A Magazine In This Digital Age July 25, 2014
- Blogging in Russia – a video on Al Jazeera English March 22, 2014
- Punishing Reporters for Truth in a Censored Media – Abby Martin & Amber Lyon March 14, 2014
- A local TV revolution begins in Grimsby February 26, 2014
- Writing a dissertation – tips for undergrad journalism students August 28, 2013
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- daniel: A cool post please keep it up...
- admin: Hi Tim, Thanks for your comment. This post was w...
- Greenslade says local TV provider KMTV (backed by Kent Uni) could be more viable than London Live << really? http://t.co/hzQVRHyBVJ 3 hours ago
- RT @campbellclaret: Reddit's £30K Pledge To Hire Paparazzo To Follow Daily Mail Editor For One Year http://t.co/0xQMdBfb6X via @HuffPostUK 7 hours ago retweeted via campbellclaret
- London Live proposals to cut local content by two thirds under major scrutiny << Ofcom really must reject this. http://t.co/dDBLVFjl6V 7 hours ago
- @hinapublish @Journograds Good question! 1 day ago
- RT @Journograds: Want to be a sub-editor? There's a great trainee scheme on offer with The Times: http://t.co/KfGZ7IGiXe 1 day ago retweeted via Journograds