I took a long trawl through the list of journalism undergraduate degrees listed in the Guardian University league tables for journalism looking for a public-facing journalism course news site – the kind of thing that the BJTC seeks to encourage.
Tag Archives | Wordpress
Assessment plays more than a small part in motivation for some students. However, it is important to consider how many newsdays you assess (if any).
A study by John Mathews and Kate Heathman of Liverpool John Moores University involved a survey of students working on a journalism news website at LJMU. It described a mostly positive experience and provides many useful tips for those looking to run similar newsgathering operations.
A possible negative of newsdays is the tendency to focus on ‘now’ skills, rather than looking to the future.
Most university journalism degrees include newsdays or news production workshops where students work individually and in teams to produce a media output of a professional standard. This series of posts aims to discuss the value of newsdays based on my experience running a unit that offers a similar workplace simulation. Part 1: Introduction, learning by […]
Steve Hill (pow365)
Lecturer at Westminster University. Co-author of Online Journalism: The Essential Guide. (http://t.co/zTSNcQGmbV). Personal views only, except RTs.
Online Journalism: The Essential Guide
- Jellyfish: Do teen girls want “push” or “pull”? March 26, 2007
- Hosting a Jooma! site July 5, 2007
- Reflective practice for journalists May 5, 2007
- Online journalism university courses January 6, 2007
- The Guardian and its anti-BBC views. July 22, 2008
- Local TV – the pros and cons August 15, 2014
- Reviews: online booking services for tutors and lecturers August 15, 2014
- Examples: university news sites August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 4) August 12, 2014
- Running a journalism newsday (part 3) August 12, 2014
- SteveH: Hi Joe, AppointLet looks good. You get a free ...
- Joe: Hi Steve, Great article, you might also want to...
- SteveH: I really can't stand South West trains. The thing...
- Luke Y: Very interesting article, particularly the informa...
- LorisShoes: The post is written in very a good manner and it e...
- RT @SoniaLotay: .@SolManOfficial paints skin white to encourage minorities to vote in UK elections http://t.co/3H5yncuQZl cc: @pow365 http:… 8 hours ago retweeted via SoniaLotay
- RT @TulipSiddiq: @pow365 hahaha. Not quite! More that I just could not care less what the Daily Fail have to say! Hope you're well. 2 days ago retweeted via TulipSiddiq
- RT @DailyMirror: Tomorrow's front page: Cam's bribes will cost every family £1,439 a year #tomorrowspaperstoday http://t.co/SULKp4zdrB http… 2 days ago retweeted via DailyMirror
- RT @BiteTheBallot: If YOU don't #RegisterToVote, politicians won't care what YOU think! > Speak up, be heard http://t.co/FbyOBagnr0 http://… 2 days ago retweeted via BiteTheBallot
- RT @RachelReevesMP: 22 days until the election & Michael Gove's the latest Tory refusing to rule a plan to cut child benefit after May7th h… 2 days ago retweeted via RachelReevesMP